We're on the hunt for images that capture UK manufacturing
How to enter (until 30 September)
- Simply take a photo of a British made product, component or a manufacturing process carried out here.
- Register and upload your image for your chance to win
- There is no limit on the number of images you can enter!
What we are looking for
This competition is designed to inspire a new image and improved public perception of UK manufacturing using photography. From the traditional to the high-tech your images should reflect the strength and diversity of today's UK manufacturing sector.
Capture British products, components or processes in abstract form or in their full glory and enter them into one of three categories:
- Best photograph by an Amateur photographer
- Best photograph by a Professional photographer
- Best photograph by a Young photographer (under 20 years old)
Win a share of our £5000 prize fund to help you buy the very latest, high-end equipment.
- You will get high-profile media exposure - a showcase of the best images will be used in our print media and public relations activity, as well as the high profile government Great Britain campaign.
- You will help educate and redefine the public perception of manufacturing.
- The best photos will be exhibited at BIS offices in Westminster, ministerial offices and EEF offices across the country
Highlights from past competitions
Access to Manufacturers near you
Manufacturing companies located throughout Britain are allowing access to competition entrants to take images at their facilities.
for further details.
EEF Photography Competition 2016 Winners
The shortlisted entries for 2016 can be found here.
Over 3,000 images have been entered in the last five years, with finalists' images attracting national, regional and trade press coverage as well as being exhibited at BIS offices in Westminster, ministerial offices and EEF offices across the country. Besides the notoriety associated with winning this prestigious competition, entrants in the three categories will each receive a camera equipment prize.
You don’t have to be a part of the manufacturing sector to participate. Our photography competition is free to enter and open to everyone – professionals and amateurs of all ages.
"I entered the EEF Photography Competition because it was an opportunity to shoot a world completely unseen in day to day life. Winning was very flattering due to the calibre of work and an incredible experience; especially meeting Barry Sheerman MP, EEF members and the other photographers at the ceremony.' Henry Gill, Winner of the Young Photographer Category 2016”