EEF the manufacturers’ organisation, in conjunction with Materials and Design Exchange (MaDE), Materials KTN and Exeter University Centre for Additive Layer Manufacturing (CALM)
- Producing customised and complex parts in small volumes?
- Making tools and dies in large volume with the associated cost and time issues?
- Design constrained by current production methods?
- Looking for alternatives to conventional machining, forging, moulding and casting?
Additive manufacturing or “3-D printing,” uses emerging technologies and allows rapid transformation from "art" (CAD model) to "part" (manufactured product). Its huge potential across diverse sectors such defense, energy, aerospace, medical and commercial – is changing the way we design and make and is often more cost-effective than traditional methods.
At this event, we’re bringing together design, product capability and manufacturing experts who will help you understand
- The real costs and benefits of the technology to your business
- How to design to make the most of it
- Where you can access local support and expertise
This event includes a site tour.