Delegates will benefit from EEF’s Legal, HR and occupational health expertise and practical hands on experience when assessing:
Can’t work or won’t work?
- What measures reduce levels of short-term absence?
- How to tackle employees who always seem to be calling in sick.
Sinking not swimming
- The hidden cost of presenteeism.
- How to deal with employees who continue to work through illness.
When enough is enough
- A focus on identifying when you can safely dismiss an employee for ill-health reasons.
- Our award winning approach to long-term absence in our ‘Fit for work’ toolkit.
- Understand how much you are expected to help employees back into work.
Tackling the trickiest issues
- Dealing with employees who go off sick with stress.
- Managing employees who call in sick during a disciplinary or performance management process.
Key note speaker: Professor Sayeed Khan*:
- Putting your learning into a medical context.
- Discussing trends in the pattern and causes of absence
- How to get the best of GP and occupational health input
- Ask the Doctor Q & A session.
* Professor Sayeed Khan MBBS, BMedSci, DGM, FRCGP, FFOM, FRCP, FRSA, DM
Chief Medical Adviser, EEF - the manufacturers' organisation
Special Professor in Occupational Health, University of Nottingham