We help you recruit, retain and manage in a high productivity environment, backing your HR team with the latest legislative updates.
Top-table insight. Unparalleled expertise.
Because people are your powerhouse, our HR & Legal services are designed to help you leverage your talent so that your business can really perform. We can help you recruit, retain and manage in a high productivity environment, backing your in-house HR team with the very latest legislative updates.
Why trust us with your HR and employment law needs? We wrote the book on it. For years, we’ve been involved in working with government on the development of legislation – delivering top-table insight that’s helped us evolve a set of membership services, training packages, guidance resources and bespoke consultancy which is the gold standard in our sector.
Members can choose to receive HR & Legal support from us and can enhance this with our Tribunals and Settlements support option, offering legal representation and support in dealing with employment tribunal claims.
HR & Legal support
With our HR & Legal support, you effectively have a large, expert HR and employment law team to back up your in-house resource. In effect, you have got the expertise of a city law firm - without the bill to match at the end. Because we are owned by our members, you will get a wealth of value that other investor-led firms just can’t match.
Our HR & legal support includes:
- Member information line: your first port of call for company information including pay data, statistics, benchmarking and research. Whether you want a fast answer to an urgent question or detailed research into a complex topic, we are here to help.
- A national team of 100 advisers, lawyers and employee relations experts are at your disposal offering specific advice tailored to your business.
- HR review and planning tool that helps you identify strengths and address any weaknesses in your HR processes and performance.
- EEF Employment Guide - your definitive source of guidance on employment regulation and legislation. Our online version is continuously updated so you'll be kept right up-to-date with changes in the law.
- Essential HR model documents access to a wide range of templated documents for use in your own business, regularly updated in line with the latest case law and changes to legislation.
- Access to interactive ‘toolkits’ that help you through difficult and complex HR issues, from handling redundancy to managing flexible working.
- An annual legal compliance review of employment contracts and common HR policies and procedures at a time that suits you.
- Twice-yearly employment law briefings that bring you up-to-speed on changes to employment law to help you prepare ahead.
- Regular networking events on HR and employment law issues held nationwide allowing you to share best practice and learn from our experts.
- Advice to support your strategic decisions regarding trade union and employee relations issues, plus attendance and support at collective bargaining meetings and support and advice with union recognition claims.
- Drafting and negotiating pre-claim compromise agreements or pre-claim ACAS COT3 settlements.
Benefits to your business
- Receive clear, no-nonsense interpretations of forthcoming legislation and advice on the impact on your business.
- Reduce the possibility of litigation through a sound understanding of your business.
- Our support helps you to set your budgets strategically, with a high probability of cost benefit, because there are no hidden costs.
- Increased risk management - we help you keep terms and conditions legally tight while reflecting your business objectives.
- We save you time and money - our model policies and procedures are designed to a best practice standard.
Tribunals and settlements support
With increasing employee regulation, even the best-run companies may face tribunal claims. Our tribunals and settlements option gives you the practical back-up you need when facing employee disputes.
Our Tribunals and settlements option includes:
- Full support for employment tribunal claims, including a written assessment of prospects for success, plus representation at any hearing in the tribunal and all communication with claimants or their representatives.
- Full support for subsequent appeals.
- Settlement of tribunal proceedings via ACAS, compromise agreements, or judicial mediation.
- Representation and support for central arbitration committee claims.
Benefits to your business
- Protect your business while reducing risk of litigation by supporting negotiated settlements up to Executive Level
- We offer you early intervention, supporting you whatever the circumstances and with no hourly rates.