At EEF, we have continued to campaign hard to influence government on behalf of our members.
We have focused on the issues which matter most to you and achieved real results:
- Measures brought forward by Government to improve lending to SMEs
- Tougher controls on introducing regulation which imposes burdens on business
- A more cost effective approach to decarbonising our energy supply in the Energy Bill and Gas Strategy
- A commitment to make it easier for employers to invest in skills
- A significant increase in the Annual Investment Allowance, a further cut in the headline rate of corporation tax and measures to make the R&D tax credit provide immediate cost relief to companies investing in R&D.
In this publication, we review our activity over 2012 and look forward to the work we will be doing in 2013 to represent the interests of our members.
We also seek your support to work with us to lobby government and the EU to frame policies which create a positive climate for growth.