The key findings within this report include:
- Manufacturers are taking action on climate change
- Understanding and awareness of climate change is good, but smaller companies need support
- Voluntary action is becoming more commonplace but companies are sceptical about the benefits of green procurement
- Companies consider that addressing climate change increases their costs
- Manufacturers are sceptical about the business opportunity of the green economy
It demonstrates that manufacturers are increasingly aware of and taking action on, climate change issues, but they continue to see it as a burden, rather than an opportunity to make efficiencies or develop new products and markets.
The latter is a particular concern if Britain is to become a leader in the development of low-carbon goods and services….
You can download a copy of our report Seizing the Initiative using the link on the right hand side.