Companies will have the chance to learn about the latest trends in key issues across health, safety & sustainability at a briefing by experts in the field from EEF, the manufacturers’ organisation.
The briefings will cover the possible impact of Brexit, key legislative developments and updates to industry standards and guidance, all with the focus on practical implications for business so companies can prepare and remain compliant with the law.
The briefings will also cover key topical issues with a review of recent prosecutions and a ‘hot topic’ with a focus on best practice and common challenges in industry. Aimed at those responsible for health, safety and climate & environment managers and Directors the briefings will include:
Health & Safety
- Possible H&S outcomes from BREXIT
- EEF’s contribution to HSE’s new 5 year strategy – ‘Helping Great Britain work well’
- Early feedback on the implementation of the Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations.
- Can COSHH, Lead and DSEAR Regulations be combined?
- Latest European Commission H&S activities + implications for UK
- Governments Work & Health Unit - remit
- Government Green paper on improving support for people with disabilities and long term health conditions.
- Update on progress of ISO 45001
There will also be guidance on legal updates and the latest Health & Safety Civil Law Cases and Prosecutions
- The implications of BREXIT on energy, environment and climate change policy
- Carbon Legislation Update
- Medium Combustion Plant Directive Update
- REACH and WEEE update
EEF Energy Services & the Rising Cost of Energy
- Why energy management is pivotal to strategic business planning
- The range of strategic and operational support that EFF Energy Services provides
There will also be guidance on legal updates and the latest environmental case law and prosecutions
The half day briefing will take place in a number of venues across the UK. For full details on booking contact 0845 293 9850 or book online at www.eef.org/training.