Based right in the heart of the UK's manufacturing hub in Birmingham, Cerro EMS are the largest producer of commercial non-ferrous forgings and machined components in the UK to be used in the water and gas industries.
Today we are industry leaders in our field delivering the very best of UK innovation through continuous investment in our state of the art manufacturing centers, our absolute commitment to quality and our expertly driven end to end lean manufacturing processes.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a CNC Setter/Operator. This position will be best suited to applicants with good practical skills and an interest in engineering based projects.
As a trained CNC Setter/Operator you will be responsible for producing a wide and diverse range of products produced from non-ferrous metals. Components will be used in a broad market including the gas and water industries.
Training will be provided by EEF and a process of mentoring from highly skilled Operators / Programmers.
Trained CNC workers will -:
- Interpret Customer supplied component drawings supplied as hard copy or computer generated images
- Work with 2D and 3D computer aided design and manufacturing software (CAD/ CAM) to create tool machine cutting programmes
- Create most cost effective manufacturing route
- Select optimum cutting speeds and feeds and correct tools for each stage of manufacture
- Produce components in line with customer requirements
- Checking the component dimensions using a range of measuring equipment to include digital micrometers , height gauges, verniers ,co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) and in process gauging
- Understand various machine capabilities and be proficient in the use of all departmental machines to include lathes, drillers, surface grinders and vertical milling machines – of which the majority will be CNC controlled
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time EEF training centre
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
- CNC Programming
- CMM Measuring
A minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C and above, or 4 and above (maths and English language are essential).
Find out where you'll be training