Epwin Group is one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of PVC windows, doors and fascia systems with some of the best known manufacturing and service names in the sector.
We are seeking to employ and train two maintenance engineer apprentices. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing; the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as maintenance engineer.
This position will be best suited to applicants with good practical skills and an interest in engineering-based projects. As a trained maintenance engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining plant and equipment.
As a Maintenance Engineer apprentice, you will:
- Assist and support site wide continual improvement activity and develop lean thinking principles
- Maintain a flexible approach to operations and undertake tasks for which he/she is technically competent
- Operate in a responsible manner and maintain a good standard of work and training records
- Assist the company to gain and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Adherence to all organisational policies, management systems and standard operational procedures, including legal responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- Work positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
- Represent the organisation in a positive way.
Training to be provided
Engineering Basic Skills training – block release at EEF averaging 4 weeks, during the first 2 years
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grades 9-4 (A*-C), to include Maths, English and a Science.
Find out where you'll be training