GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
Enjoying everything from world-class training to once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, you’ll thrive as part of a supportive team who’ll share their expertise with you and help you develop skills and knowledge on the job. We run our programmes in collaboration EEF, where you’ll work towards a nationally recognized qualification. Before you know it, you’ll be a highly skilled professional with a bright future ahead of you.
As part of the programme you will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 qualification. The initial engineering basics training will be broad based and you will be expected to attend training in association with EEF at their Training Centre in Aston and to complete all assignments and modules set by EEF to a high standard.
EEF has all the key components to redefine what engineering is; and can be in the future. Helping to lead this change in perception by delivering apprenticeships that inspire and deliver new skills to futureproof UK manufacturing.
The training will be broad based and over the four year apprenticeship period will encompass all aspects of automation engineering including but not limited to:
- production of components using tool room machinery
- mechanical and electrical assembly
- bowl feeder technology
- mechanical and electrical design
- PLC programming and development
- System testing and development
- Installation and commissioning
The aim of the apprenticeship is to give the selected candidate a comprehensive grounding in automation and parts feeding and handling and to equip them with the knowledge and skills required to develop a rewarding career in one of the many roles available in this fast moving and technically challenging industry.
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time EEF Technology Training Centre
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at grades C (4) or above, that must include Maths and English Language and preferably a science.