GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions.
With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers
Our apprenticeships last four years. Enjoying everything from world-class training to once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, you’ll thrive as part of a supportive team who’ll share their expertise with you and help you develop skills and knowledge on the job. We run our programmes in collaboration EEF, where you’ll work towards a nationally recognized qualification. Before you know it, you’ll be a highly skilled professional with a bright future ahead of you.
As part of the programme you will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 qualification. The initial engineering basics training will be broad based and you will be expected to attend training in association with EEF at their Training Centre in Aston and to complete all assignments and modules set by EEF to a high standard.
Once Trained, a Maintenance Engineer will:
• Assist in all preventative, predictive and routine electrical and electronic maintenance work
• Identify and ensure critical spares are stocked and reordered
• Co-ordinate with suppliers to supply spare parts for machines
• Carry out TPM schedules
• Carry out the maintenance of production machines & building repairs, electrically and electronically
• Identifying and liaise with suppliers of maintenance services when required
• Investigating maintenance problems affecting production and identify improvements
• Understand and analyse graphs and statistics and other complex information
• Maintain and record work and machine breakdown history
• Work to maintenance budget
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time EEF Technology Training Centre
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at grades C (4) or above, that must include Maths and English Language and preferably a science.