GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions.
With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
We are looking to employ 1 tool room apprentice to take on a 4 year apprenticeship encompassing the development of tool processes and project engineering.
As part of the programme you will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 qualification. The initial engineering basics training will be broad based and you will be expected to attend training in association with EEF and to complete all assignments and modules set by EEF to a high standard.
Once trained the apprentice will:
• Complete corrective and preventative press tool maintenance
• Be actively involved in continuous improvement activities on the lines and on tooling.
• Setting up of the press lines.
• Obtaining first off and last off sample panels.
• Obtaining and signing for verification of panel to run using quality master sample and checking fixtures for reference.
• Monitoring of the lines ensuring efficient run rates and identifying possible improvements.
• Compile end of run tooling reports, identifying any repairs or modifications that may be needed.
• Assist in tool maintenance activities.
• Ensure job/shift handovers are clear and concise in order to minimise disruption
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time EEF Technology Training Centre
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at grades C (4) or above, that must include Maths and English Language and preferably a science.