Guhring Limited is a world class manufacturer of precision rotary cutting tools and allied tooling for the engineering & medical industries.
Whether tools are selected from the vast standard, stocked Guhring range or manufactured to suit customers specifications then all can be supplied from leading tool distributors throughout the UK and Ireland.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a manufacturing technician.
The first year of the apprenticeship will be based at the EEF Engineering facilities based in Aston, Birmingham.
During the apprenticeship you will study and be trained in all areas of manufacturing in order to become highly skilled in the operation of a manufacturing technician and also manual methods where required to a standard enabling you to be competent to produce high precision cutting tools to company specifications.
This position will be best suited to applicants with good practical skills and an interest in engineering based projects.
Trained manufacturing technician :
- Interpret tool drawings supplied as hard copy
- Create most cost effective manufacturing route
- Select optimum cutting speeds and feeds for each stage of manufacture
- Produce tooling in line with customer requirements
- Checking the tooling dimensions using a range of measuring equipment to include digital micrometres, verniers ,measuring machines (Walter Heli check and PG2000 )
- Conduct routine machine maintenance
Training to be provided
Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, maths and ICT, as required
- A minimum of 3 GCSE's, or equivalent, Grade C (4) and above in Maths, English and, ideally, Science
Find out where you'll be training