As a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of weighing and packing line solutions, Ishida has an in-depth understanding of many diverse industries – from meat to confectionery, from snacks to frozen food and more. Ishida Europe has its headquarters in Birmingham, UK, and serves Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). We have wholly-owned Ishida sales companies in 9 countries, and committed, experienced agents and distributors in a further 15 countries. Innovative weighing and packaging equipment plus complete line solutions for these territories are developed and constructed in our UK manufacturing facility.
We are seeking to employ, train and develop six Engineering apprentices in 2018, one of which will be a Manufacturing Assembly Technician apprentice. As a manufacturing apprentice you will be highly trained to work in the world of Engineering & manufacturing in the Food Industry Sector the world’s leading supplier of Food Packaging Machines & Equipment.
The initial training and development will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Assembly Technician focused towards assembly and fitting of our core products.
The roles mentioned above will feature a range different engineering activities aligned to the job roles with a detailed development plan for the four years of their apprenticeship programme.
This will involve
- Working in a range of planned departments developing and building their engineering skills and knowledge.
- Aligned to the apprentice programme there will be an educational development pathway, which will provide the engineering theory and knowledge.
- Each apprentice will have a dedicated work mentor with planned regular reviews to support their progression.
- The range of tasks will cover anything from product build, to customer visits, project tasks, to name a few.
- The type of working environment or style is one of “Team work” where collaboration, engagement, positive challenges where the individual can demonstrate their skills and abilities to make a difference.
Ishida Apprentices will have annual salary increases throughout their 4 year of the apprenticeship programme, as learning objectives are met. At the end of your successful completed apprenticeship programme it is planned that you will exit into that designated job role with the appropriate salary.
Successful completion of the Ishida Apprenticeship may then lead to further sponsorship to HNC. Many of our Apprentices progress to senior roles in the Business.
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time EEF Technology Training Centre.
- NVQ level 3.
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3).
- Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work.
- Essential - 5 GCSEs at A* (9) to C (4), must include Maths, English and Science, or equivalent related qualification.
- Desirable - BTEC Level 2 Engineering or Resistant Materials.
Find out where you'll be training