Bourne Textile Services is part of Johnson Service Group PLC. Part of the High Volume Linen Division, Bourne Textile Services is a leading laundry and linen hire to the hotel sector. Bourne Textile Services provides a wide range of high quality linen to over 1000 hotels across Great Britain within the High Volume Linen Division.
We pride ourselves on having a reliable and enthusiastic workforce, many of whom have been with the company all of their working life. Our bases around the UK mean we can offer an almost nationwide service across the whole country. We can provide a broad range of experience for an enthusiastic apprentice within a fast paced environment, across mechanical and electrical processes.
We have a Well Equipped Work Shop where cutting, welding , forming and creation of guards and repair of machine parts takes place
Our factory also has:
• Two 8000pounds of steam an hour Boilers
• Air compressors and air dryers
• TIG /Arc welding.
• Thirteen 50KG Gas fired tumble dryers.
• Three Continuous washing machines that each wash 50KG every two minutes
• Seven High Speed Sheet Ironing machines that Feed, Iron and fold 700 sheets per hour each
• Multiple automatic conveyor systems both low and high level
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as an Apprentice Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity to work towards becoming a fully skilled tradesperson, able to work to the highest standard of safety and skill achievable.
Working in the main with an experienced engineer, you will be taking part in fault-finding on Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic (air powered) and Hydraulic (oil powered) equipment. Once faults are identified, you will support the repair process and as your skills grow, you will end your apprenticeship leading this process.
You will also work on Preventative Planned Maintenance PPM as well as energy related projects to help monitor and reduce Gas, Water and Electric Consumption and data gathering of all three.
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at EEF in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
A minimum of 3 GCSE's, or equivalent, at grades 9-4 / A* - C, these must include Maths and English.
Find out where you'll be training: