To ensure that the general maintenance issues that occur within the business are dealt with and completed in an acceptable time frame. To under take the preventative maintenance schedules for the machinery with in the business. To help out with installations of any new equipment that is purchased.
What you will do
- To support production in solving Problems / Breakdowns in a Professional manor to ensure production is back up and running as soon as possible.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the machines within the business and reporting any issues to your supervisor or Engineering Director as soon as they occur.
- Ensure all workmate job cards are completed on time and all daily and weekly checks are carried out..
- To ensure all stocks of maintenance consumables are kept at a desired level and any item that is running low is to be reported to your supervisor.
- To undertake the manufacture of any mechanical items using standard toolroom equipment or associated items.
- To carry out electrical fault findings on plant and equipment with in the business.
- To ensure that any Health and Safety hazards are identified and reported and that you adhere strictly to the company's Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies and procedures, and that all those in your department also do so.
- To help with continual Layout Improvements with in the business and support the introduction and on-going improvements already taking place.
- Provide support to outside contractors that are working on-site if required.
- Communicating with persons inside and outside of the organization in the most efficient manor to ensure accurate provision of information. This can be in person, by telephone or via email.
Training to be provided
Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time
A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3 or City and Guilds Level 3)
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work.
C’s (4) and above preferred in Mathematics and English.
Find out where you'll be training: