To repair and maintain press tools and welding jigs and fixtures and assisting in solving production problems in the press shop. To undertake the manufacture new tooling when required.
- To repair and maintain tools to a high standard.
- Housekeeping to be kept to required standard at all times.
- Assist the Toolroom Manager in any task set.
- To support production in a technical manor.
- To be a team player and support the other Toolmakers.
As an apprentice within the business, you will spend time in the following departments to understand how each department functions and what they each deliver to the business.
- Quality Department
- Production / Engineering Department.
- Robot welding and manual projection welding.
- Progression press setting.
- Single operation press setting 45 – 500 ton
The above training will start in the 2nd year of the apprenticeship when you are based on-site at MAL ltd.
Training to be provided
Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time
A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3 or City and Guilds Level 3)
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work
C’s (4) and above preferred in Mathematics and English
Find out where you'll be training: