Offshore Stainless Supplies Ltd are a privately owned Stainless Steel Stockholder processing much of their own stocks and specialist items within their facility at Walsall in the West Midlands. They have been supplying and supporting major industries with their stainless steel and nickel alloy requirements for over a decade.
The first year of the apprenticeship will be on site with EEF in Aston, Birmingham, where apprentices will learn all their engineering basics before returning to the company from year 2 where they will learn all aspects of the business as well as working on the shop floor and learning on a variety of machines.
- Learn to provide mechanical engineering functions, as needed to support operating department needs.
- Learn how to coordinate with plant maintenance and equipment operators to work to customer deadlines and specifications.
- Be aware of the execution of continuous improvement & safety projects at the operations level while adhering to Engineering processes, as part of health and safety policy.
- Have exposure to the sales department, to understand the full processes involved in the customer experience.
- The apprenticeship will commence in September 2018, however, you would also be expected to join Offshore for some work experience during July, or August.
Training to be Provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at the EEF training facility in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- GCSE maths grade 4 (C) or higher or equivalent
- GCSE English grade 4 (C) or higher or equivalent
- 3 additional GCSEs or equivalent
Find out where you'll be training