O.L.D. Engineering are currently looking to enhance their highly-experienced workforce, by offering a placement for the above position. The individual will need to be organised and self-motivated, and the desire to help a forward-thinking organisation grow and develop.
Main duties will consist of;
- Setting and operating CNC Lathes
- Programme editing
- Online & Offline programming.
- Being able to measure and check own work using various measuring equipment.
- Communicating with Engineering, Production and Quality Departments to complete work to schedule.
- Understand and carry out processes in line with ISO9001:2015 accreditation.
- Working with lean manufacturing techniques, such as 5S.
Controls used at OL.D. consist of;
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time (EEF, Birmingham)
NVQ level 3
A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3 or City and Guilds Level 3)
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work
- A minimum of 3 GCSE's, or equivalent, A*-C (9-4)or level 4 and above including Maths, English and a Science
Find out where you'll be training