Sandvik is a high-tech, global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world-leading positions in selected areas: tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
The two apprentices will train as multi-disciplined, Technical Engineers with the objective of developing towards either our Engineering department or Manufacturing Department.
After your basic engineering training at EEF Technology Centre, you will continue to be trained in these disciplines, allowing you to gain Level 3 qualifications through your work, and on a day release basis, to achieve a technical certificate.
The training will involve: setting, programming and operating a variety of complex machines, some of which are CNC controlled; using hand skills to assemble our unique product; Quality Control techniques; Production Engineering (planning and problem solving); and working with our customers to satisfy their needs.
Training to be provided
- Basic Engineering skills training at EEF based in Aston Birmingham.NVQ Level 3 – Technical Support.
- BTEC Diploma in Engineering Level 3.
- Functional skills – if required.
- PELTS and ERR.
- When all units are achieved an Advanced Apprenticeship certificate will be awarded.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths, Science and English grades C (or 4) and above. Ideally, with a grade B or 5 in Maths.
- Engineering BTEC at Level 2 or 3 and/or a design technology GCSE would be beneficial but not essential.
Find out where you'll be training