We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice.
- You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Machinist/CNC grinder
- You will work on manual and CNC grinding machines in a well-equipped area working with two time served engineers.
- You will learn how to create precision components from customer drawings.
- There is a lot of variety within the role as components will differ in specification.
- You will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to other machinery within the company such as lathes and millers.
Training to be provided
Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time (EEF, Birmingham)
NVQ level 3
A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3 or City and Guilds Level 3)
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work
A minimum of 3 GCSE's, or equivalent, A*-C (9-4) or level 4 and above including Maths, English and a Science
Find out where you'll be training