This small but very friendly and well respected company, with exceptional standards, work in close collaboration with one of the top running Formula One racing teams, working to strict deadlines producing first class quality components for use in their cars. They have been an established company in this market sector for sixteen years and have been growing year on year.
We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Precision Grinder.
You will be trained to make precision components for the motor-sport sector, in particular for a high profile F1 team.
Predominantly using a variety of grinding machines both manual and CNC, you will work to tight tolerances ensuring the highest quality is achieved.
You will also be trained to:
- use a range of other machinery including Lathes, Pillar Drills, Eroding Machines and measuring equipment
- read and interpret 2D and 3D drawings
- set up, adjust and operate all of the basic machining centres in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Report any defects or warranty in a timely manner
Training to be Provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at EEF in Aston
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
3 GCSE’s at grade A* to C (9-4), or equivalent, including Maths and English
Find out about where you'll be training
To apply, click here and send us your up-to-date CV