UK Dies Group Limited is a modern, proactive, evolving and growing precision engineering manufacturing group with a growing portfolio of services and products. The company has developed the knowledge and experience to become one of the largest manufacturers of tooling to the fastener industry combining the expertise of Lintool, Steel & Carbide Dies and SMF Cold Forming Tools (UK Division).
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing; the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a multi-skilled toolmaker.
The job role consists of:
The first year will be based at the EEF Technology Training Centre where you will develop basic engineering knowledge and skills.
Following on from this you will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based.
You will then be mentored by one of our highly experience CNC engineers.
Your role will include:
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using milling machines and using grinding machines
- Producing products to meet the specific requirements of clients
- Training in programming
- Preparing and proving CNC machine tool programs
Completing final checks
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at EEF, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3
- A Technical Certificate: BTEC Diploma Level 3
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
Three Grade 9-4 GCSEs (C or above), including Maths and English.
Find out where you'll be training
To apply, click here and send us your up-to-date CV