Collins Aerospace, created from a merger of UTC Aerospace and Rockwell Collins, is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defence products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components, and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. Collins Aerospace employs approximately 42,000 people, and is part of United Technologies, a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries. Our mission is to be the best aerospace systems company for the world, a vision that is built upon the operating principles of People, Ideas, Integrity and Performance.
You will spend your first year attending EEF Technology Training Centre where you will learn your basic engineering skills in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
For the next three years of the apprenticeship you will work at Collins Aerospace, Marston Green where you will gain practical experience working directly in an operational environment within Electronics or Hydro and learning your trade.
Job role includes:
- Engage in Continuous Improvement programs
- Gain experience through all support functions
- Work within diagnostics, engineering, Hydromech, electronics and final conformance
- During your apprenticeship there is the possibility to attend college on a day release basis, gaining an HNC or Foundation Degree in Electronics or Hydro Mechanical Engineering.
- You will also work in-house towards an NVQ Level 3.
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time (EEF Training Centre, Aston)
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3 or City and Guilds Level 3)
- Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work
- 5 GCSE’s at grade A*(9) to C (4) or equivalent qualifications. Including Maths B (5) or above, English and a Science subject
To apply, click here and send us your up-to-date CV