Eaton is a diversified power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably.
We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing; the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Quality Engineer (Plastics). The successful applicant will work in accordance with Automotive Standards IATF16949/ISO90001 and apply/achieve customer specifics where applicable.
By the end of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Be conversant in using Mitutoyo 3 axis measuring machines.
- Ensure quality systems and department goals are achieved in order to meet business requirements as well as having the confidence to take appropriate action to improve where necessary.
- Ensure quality procedures are fully achieved and identify opportunities to improve the quality systems to enhance the service provided to internal and external customers.
- Ensure quality performance trends are communicated monthly to appropriate departments.
- Ensure direct quality responsibility elements of the APQP/Pro Launch system are fully met and support the NPI teams throughout the project development and into manufacturing.
- Review / update all quality documents in conjunction with fellow quality engineers to ensure they are accurate for the product and in line with IATF16949 /ISO9001guidelines to meet the customer / Eaton needs.
- Be able to produce analyses of quality trend data.
- Ensure that communication related to all quality issues is effective between shifts, in respect of manufacturing cell leaders, quality engineers etc. and containment/corrective action is implemented and applied uniformly across all shifts.
- Carry out system and process audits of assigned manufacturing.
- Undertake investigation of quality problems (product, system, process) utilising appropriate problem solving techniques and quality tools.
- Ensure 'Things Gone Wrong' versus 'Things Gone Right' are shared with the NPI team and prevent a reoccurrence of a failure including information obtained from the swac procedure.
- Prepare and publish reports relating to any of the job holder activities, e.g. process audit reports.
- Ensure direct quality responsibility elements of the APQP/Pro Launch system are fully met, and that your skills/experience are shared with the NPI team for the remaining elements, i.e. feasibility etc.
- Participate in FMEA preparation and review discussions, ensuring the most detailed investigation into processes and products in order to avoid possible problems from occurring.
- Assist in continual development activities, including kaizen activities, lead A3, and RIE projects.
- Liaise with customers as required on reactive / proactive discussions on quality related matters and contribute to ongoing enhancement of relations.
- Relay on a timely basis all shop floor issues, constraints or concerns back to the Superintendent and team members.
- Communicate effectively to and work effectively with all other team members.
- Analyses and assist in investigation into warranty reported matters and maintain appropriate reports.
- Measure components using first principal measuring equipment & utilise CMM as required.
Training to be provided
Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at EEF, Aston, Birmingham.
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate: BTEC Diploma Level 3
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 (Grade C) or above, including Maths and English.
- An NVQ Level 3 in Quality Assurance Management would be looked upon very favourably, although not essential.
- An Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) would also be preferred.
Find out where you'll be training
Due to the high level of response only successful candidates will be contacted to be invited for an interview
To apply, click here and send us your up-to-date CV