As one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies our award-winning portfolio includes five national newspapers, over 130 regional newspapers and a range of websites and digital products. But it’s our people who make Reach what it is.
We are looking for a bright, articulate, personable apprentice who will undertake training in both mechanical and electrical engineering. The successful candidate will be maintaining, and repairing bespoke printing, and associated finishing equipment, to ensure continued service and reliability of the plant. As part of the program you will achieve nationally recognised qualifications in the both disciplines.
The plant is very complex and runs at high speed, the skills will involve:
- Mechanical maintenance and repairs
- Electrical installation
- Fault finding and repairs
- PLC control
- Pneumatic systems
- We do operate a planned maintenance system.
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time EEF Technology Training, Aston
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
- Outward Bound – team working skills – 1 week away from home and work
5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, with Grades C/5 and above, B/6 in Maths
To apply, click here and send us your up-to-date CV