Sulzer's core strengths are flow control and applicators. We specialise in pumping solutions, services for rotating equipment, and separation, mixing, and application technology.
Our customers benefit from a network of over 180 production and service sites in more than 40 countries around the world.
The Role is to undertake a 4 year apprentice programme in order to learn how to:
- Assist with inspecting various kinds of electric motor and generation for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
- Support with testing conditions of winding according to International Standards
- Document all relevant data specific to units of electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability
- Assist dismantling and or stripping damaged unserviceable electro mechanical equipment
- Assist with preparing all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
- Under supervision, rewind various types of electro-magnetic equipment including but not limited to: single phase, three phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotor and transformers, observe proper insulating techniques and requirements during winding
- Support with testing rewound electro mechanical equipment according to International Standards and document test results
- Assist with operating specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, core loss testers, cut off saws, burnout brazing units, dip tanks, varnish systems and various handheld power and non-power tools
- Carry out basic fitting duties in line with work demands
- Execute all work in an efficient, professional and timely manner
- Report any defective or warranty workmanship in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all time sheets and stores requisition sheets are checked and signed off correctly and in the accepted timeline.
- Ensuring all work meets the appropriate standards and quality control criteria as set out by the company.
- Adhere to Health and Safety responsibilities at all times and follow all appropriate procedures and use the appropriate protective equipment.
- Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and conducted in accordance with processes, procedures and measures in place to mitigate risks
- Be familiar with environmental aspects of activities undertaken in the role and the procedures and processes underpinning.
- Ensure that the work area, including tooling and equipment, is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience
Training to be provided
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time
- NVQ level 3
- A Technical Certificate (Btec Diploma Level 3)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
- Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Maths and ICT, as required
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C (4) or above, including Maths, English and a Science (or equivalent qualifications)
To apply, click here and send us your up-to-date CV