CV and interview tips checklist
So you’ve browsed apprenticeship vacancies near you. Maybe you’ve even talked to an EEF mentor or trainer at one of our events, such as Training Centre open days or career fairs. Now it’s time to polish your application, CV, and interview skills.
EEF has helped hundreds of apprentices through mentoring, training, and selection testing and interviews to help applicants hone their technique.
- Have you included a brief personal statement at the top of your CV that indicates how your interests and skills align with the particular apprenticeship?
- Have you started with your most recent relevant job (or volunteer) experience and worked back?
- Does your experience clearly explain not only what your job entailed, but the skills and benefits you brought to the company through these tasks?
- Have you included any relevant awards and distinctions (including school honours)?
- Do you need help preparing for your interview? Contact Barry Jones, EEF Apprentices and Skills Recruitment and Mentoring Officer, to get some pointers
- Do you have a quick synopsis ready of why this particular apprenticeship and company appealed to you?
- Can you answer a question on where you see your career progression after your apprenticeship? Are you interested in staying at the same company and adding to their skills base with your apprenticeship training?
- Do you know what skills you already have and which you’re hoping to gain at your apprenticeship?