What we can do
Moving from strategy to implementation is one of the most challenging parts of any business endeavour. This is particularly true for energy efficiency strategies for manufacturers. We help companies move from energy reduction strategies to initiating actual improvements and projects across their sites.
From immediate, low-cost solutions, such as rectifying inefficient start-ups and shut downs utilising a specially developed tool (SWEEP), to the installation of renewable energy systems, EEF’s team of environmental experts provide advice, guidance and support. With an in-house team of energy, manufacturing and legal specialists, EEF can take care of all practicalities, such as writing specs for a lighting upgrade.
And with a stable of trusted partners, we’re able to match companies with the tools and services they need to get the job done painlessly and cost-effectively.
- A support system for environmental managers and internal energy efficiency champions
- Access to third-party, proprietary tools for implementing energy efficiency projects
- Reduced costs at a time of rising energy prices
- Tangible improvements over the short and long term
- Advice on what’s worked or not worked for other manufacturers
Tools, case studies, blogs
- EEF provided energy reduction and management services to British manufacturer Sulzer Pumps to achieve initial savings of £453,000 on commodity prices over the next 12 months.
- Blog: Q&A with energy management expert James Bridges: How to measure the impact of your energy strategy
- Blog: Measuring energy consumption in manufacturing – You can’t control what you don’t know
Events, training, webinars
- The one-day IEMA environmental awareness training course helps empower green champions and environmental managers.
- The five-day NEBOSH certificate in environmental management helps environmental managers oversee the myriad of initiatives they oversee in the workplace.
- We offer a variety of HSCE events and training courses for everyone from environmental managers to executives.
- Those with an interest in implementing sustainability at their organisation should understand the risks – hear more in this free webinar.
- How can ISO14001:2015 lead to important benefits, such as energy efficiency? Watch this webinar to find out.
“We have been working with EEF on various health, safety and environmental aspects and have tremendous respect for their expertise, knowledge and professional approach.” - Darren Amos, Environmental Services Manager, Sulzer Pumps
- Unparalleled understanding of UK manufacturing – its targets, business needs and industry realities
- Inside knowledge of upcoming legislation and policy changes thanks to a devoted team of economists on staff
- Access to preferred industry partners and providers in the energy industry that deliver the best rates and exclusive offers to our members
- Strong portfolio of past successes with manufacturers across the UK