What we can do
Water is a utility that is often overlooked as a source of efficiencies and savings, or in terms of the environmental impact a business has.
Undertaking a project that looks at water supply management can deliver quick wins through savings or reclaiming overpayment, and have a long-term impact as part of a sustainability strategy.
With deregulation opening the market competitive forces businesses have more options on where their water is sourced from, and from 2017 this will also cover sewage businesses have more choice and can adapt their suppliers to suit the business.
Our services include a variety of on-site and ongoing support:
- Complete site Kaizen (continual improvement strategy) with site managers and staff
- Ongoing checking and paying of bills on clients behalf
- In-depth site review including the provision of water balances to understand where water is used, the quality of water streams and the true cost of water, including disposal
- Identification of potential savings and overcharges, comparison of usage against our extensive data base
- Investigation of opportunity to combine different site bills into a single bill from a single supplier for cost reductions
- Each site process will be reviewed suggestions on efficiency or equipment improvements, including a Whole Life Cost analysis of any investments
- Sub-metering design, installation and progress reviews
- Preparation of CDM documentation, including Health and Safety Plan, and liaise with external bodies, such as EA and HSE, as necessary
- Review and approval of vendor documentation and preparation of orders and subcontracts
Members can also access free advice and services through the EEF Advantages Programme including:
- Simple bill checking
- Simple site review and report with suggested changes on a global basis
- Assistance in changing water suppliers for larger users
- Assistance in planning for changing water and sewage suppliers when the market is de-regulated in 2017
Through collaboration with our partners, EEF has helped organisations of all sizes secure tens of thousands in water savings through everything from leak identification and repair to meter optimisation.
- Reduced water and effluent bills
- Increased understanding of water supply options
- Best possible water rate secured
- Improved water efficiency
- Ongoing assessment and support, including site supervision and commissioning for upgrades (as necessary)
- All reports, conclusions and recommendations presented in person to ensure complete understanding
- Complete project management support for the implementation of changes
Events, training, webinars
- The ten-day IEMA associate certificate in environmental management course provides a structured and interactive competency development for managers, advisers, consultants and others who are involved coordinating and supporting the management of environmental sustainability.
- The IEMA diploma in sustainable business practice addresses a wide range of environmental and sustainability issues, including technological options for control, effective strategies and change management.
- The five-day NEBOSH certificate in environmental management helps environmental managers oversee the myriad of initiatives they oversee in the workplace.
- We offer a variety of HSCE events and training courses for everyone from environmental managers to executives.
- Those with an interest in implementing sustainability at their organisation should understand the risks – hear more in this free webinar.
- How can ISO14001:2015 lead to important benefits, such as energy efficiency? Watch this webinar.
With our strategic partnerships and insider understanding of upcoming policy and market issues, EEF is positioned to deliver exceptional savings and strategies.
- Understanding of water use at manufacturing sites, as well as overlooked opportunities for eliminating water waste
- Experts in environmental management systems, metering, procurement and legal issues
- Offices and experts across the UK to ensure local knowledge and advice