What we can do
Our support service can be tailored for all aspects of environmental law and permitting, from issue-specific support to long-term, comprehensive coverage.
Our services include:
- provision of new assessments, specific competency based technical assessments, and independent compliance assessments of your processes and policies
- preparation of legal registers and evaluation of compliance assessments to meet ISO 14001 standards
- evaluation of product compliance — covering regulations such as Waste Electricals and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), and the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
- environmental law and policy updates — we’ll keep you informed about upcoming legislation so you’re in a position to make the necessary changes
- managing your relationships with environmental law regulators, including pollution incidents, legal breaches and enforcement sanctions
- full project management of new applications, variations and surrender, to bespoke projects for permitted sites to ensure continued compliance
- scoping the process for the need and level of permit
- Part A1, A2 and part B permit applications
- variations and surrender
- Best Available Technique (BAT) assessments
- pollution inventory returns
- provide peace of mind to HSE managers and company management that environmental compliance and permitting is under control
- minimises financial and business penalties for environmental non-compliance
- effective and demonstrable management of risk
- frees HSE managers’ time to focus on business strategy rather than focusing on day-to-day compliance and permitting project management challenges
- ensures even small businesses have best-in-class HSE support
- businesses can ensure their team is up-to-date on the latest changes in the legal landscape and projects will not be held up by permitting challenges
Tools, case studies, blogs
Sign up for our REACH Alerts
on the latest chemical and substance restrictions.
“We place reliance on EEF’s technical expertise to keep up to date on requirements. With EEF, we can be safe in the knowledge that we’re protected from all angles.” – Adam Westley, Company Secretary, Melrose Industries PLC, from “How Melrose Industries PLC ensure compliance with carbon and energy legislation across international borders”
Events, training, webinars
We’ve worked with single site businesses and multi-national companies, particularly in the UK manufacturing and commercial industries. This enables us accurately to recognise the key legal requirements in organisations and the ability to propose bespoke solutions effectively to manage compliance. From local offices across the country, we work seamlessly with your team to ensure you’re future-proofed.
Our team has industry-specific experience and has dealt with nearly all challenges companies face in compliance and permitting. We can deliver a full programme of support, or work in partnership with relevant internal resources to share workloads and knowledge transfer.