What we can do
Our team of Safety and Health consultants can help you achieve or transition to ISO 45001. Our support is designed to maximise the business value that achieving certification to ISO 45001 can deliver.
EEF can support you through each stage of the development and implementation of your management system, whether this is an existing system, for example BSOHSAS18001, or a non-certified system. As a member of the BSI committee representing the UK throughout the development of ISO 45001 we have unique insight into the standard and how, how to achieve certification and how to derive the greatest business value from your system.
An outline of our services:
Preparation and planning
• Gap analysis – independent expertise to evaluate the likely workload and timeframe to implement a management system that meets the ISO 45001 standard, providing you with an implementation plan
• Leadership support – mentoring, IRCA accredited training and useful planning aids to facilitate strategic decision making and integrate the system into everyday processes
• Compliance Documentation – the ISO standards simplify the requirements for documentation, we can help you establish processes that ensures appropriate documentation is in place that documents compliance with the system
• Legal/risk registers – our unique solution is designed for ISO 45001 and supports a truly international management system with bi-annually updated comprehensive local and global legal registers with supporting guidance notes and a network of 60 globally based consultants providing local knowledge and support
• Companywide training and development programmes - using tried and tested methods EEF can help communicate messages and deliver accredited and bespoke training programmes across complex and diverse businesses to embed processes and ensure workforce engagement
Auditing and certification
• Auditor training – we can provide a range of training for internal auditors for ISO 45001 both IRCA accredited and bespoke to ensure that your internal auditors get the right information to undertake these testing audits throughout your business
• Auditing - our independent audits assess your business without bias and help benchmark your performance, particularly useful prior to certification or recertification or as part of your ongoing monitoring and continual improvement
If you want to know more about any of these services, get in touch.
• Unique international legal register to set global standards for your business that meet the minimum legal requirements across all territories where you have operations
• Unique knowledge of ISO 45001 with a representative on the BSI’s Committee responsible for the preparation, publication, review and revision of the standard
• Doesn’t just ‘tick the boxes’, but ensure your management system helps cut costs, manage risk and stay ahead of competition
• A top-down approach that creates a sense of leadership and a strategy that works across sites and the entire organisation
• Integrates business processes into one
• Creates common approach to work and therefore aids employee engagement
Tools, case studies, blogs
Get to grips with the new ISO standards
Events, training, webinars
Health and safety auditing courses
• The breadth and depth of our team's expertise is unparalleled and we are recognised and trusted by key bodies in environmental management and work closely with the likes of NEBOSH, IRCA, IOSH and we have a partnership with the HSE.
• Our expertise is supported by the whole EEF team of leadership and management trainers and consultants, lean and business growth team, policy teams and our HR legal team meaning we can draw on the relevant expertise for your business needs throughout the process of transitioning or attaining ISO 45001:2018.
• As the manufacturers’ organisation we have an intimate knowledge of manufacturing, the business environment and the impact legislation and regulation has on your business. This means you get pragmatic and outcome focused solutions that are built around your business, your goals and your success.
• Our work with government at all levels means we don't just keep pace with legislation, we help shape it which gives us a unique combination of in-depth knowledge and policy-making involvement that informs the advice and support we provide.