What we can do
Employee engagement is the key to motivating employees to contribute to organisational success. The motivation for starting an employee engagement programme may be a recent or upcoming change (such as a merger or a change to employee terms and conditions), a rise in absenteeism or turnover or a desire to improve employee relations.
Achieving the right employee engagement model for your organisation requires careful planning and a strong understanding of your business, industry and competitive landscape.
Our HR and employee engagement experts tailor their approach to the needs and goals of each company, but typically their process involves
- an initial meeting with EEF consultants to discuss goals and practicalities
- a short period of data gathering and analysis —this is a temperature check of existing levels of engagement and employee attitudes to their employer, including the potential for surveys and opinion gathering mechanisms
- a discussion of the findings and realistic assessment of ambition and achievability
- formation of employer/employee working groups to guide the resulting programme
- designing a series of interventions and activities
- implementing changes in practices and processes
- monitoring and iterating the employee engagement model
We all intuitively know that a workplace with engaged employees perform better than those with disconnected, disinterested staff. Our experts have found that a robust employee engagement programme delivers real results with improved
- alignment with business goals
- health with fewer sick days
- retention rates
- opportunity to create an award-winning workplace
- union and employee relations discussions and better outcomes
EEF’s HR experts provide expert advice and on-site support from our offices across the UK. With a strong background in handling union and employee relations challenges, the newest employment law, research and survey administration and an in-depth understanding of the UK manufacturing industry, there is no one better placed to help you with your engagement issues.
Here are a few advantages of working with us:
- Unrivalled expertise and experience of operating in sectors influenced by the trade union and employee relations dynamic
- Strong case studies of solving engagement challenges in workplaces just like yours
- Premier employment law consultant in UK manufacturing and engineering industry
- Employment law and HR advice packages available on-demand by telephone, email or on-site
- Strong regional footprint with offices and consultants around the country allowing easy access to any workplace