What we can do
Mediation is an alternative approach to formal processes for resolving conflict in the workplace. The goal is to encourage open and honest dialogue in a confidential setting to help reach a mutually acceptable and sustainable resolution.
Mediation skills can be applied wherever working relations have become strained or unworkable; or where teams fail to work harmoniously together following a period of organisational change. Facilitated discussions may also be helpful as a way of clearing the air between disaffected employees and senior management.
Our team of experienced mediation professionals are able to work with all parties in a dispute to encourage dialogue and bring about a mutually acceptable resolution. EEF’s team of mediation experts are:
- Fully accredited and experienced mediators
- As external mediators, better positioned to act with impartiality
- Able to undertake end to end management of the mediation process
- Able to work in the strictest of confidence
- Able to ensure mediation outcomes remain inadmissible in any court proceedings.
"EEF’s mediation services are outstanding, and have been instrumental in repairing relationships within our organisation which at times have appeared to be irretrievable; allowing individuals to be back to their best and productive for the organisation." HR Business Partner, Leading UK Manufacturer
Conflict is a fact of life, but its impact on the health and welfare of a business when it remains unresolved in the workplace can be extremely costly.
A few of the benefits of third-party mediation are
- An outside perspective that brings objectivity and neutrality to a tense situation
- Minimised manager time and stress dealing with escalated interpersonal issues
- A proactive approach to managing conflict
- Avoidance of costly employment tribunals and union conflict
- Relieves the drain on productivity brought about by conflict
- Ensures all issues are aired and dealt with in a confidential manner and a long-term solution reached
Resources and blogs
Events, training, webinars
EEF’s HR experts provide expert advice and on-site support from our offices across the UK. With a strong background in handling grievances and the newest employment law, professional qualifications in mediation and an in-depth understanding of the UK manufacturing industry, there is no one better placed to help mediate your workplace disputes.
Here are a few advantages of working with us:
- Unrivalled expertise and experience of operating in sectors influenced by the trade union and employee relations dynamic
- Strong case studies of successful mediation in workplaces just like yours
- Premier employment law consultants in UK manufacturing and engineering industry
- Employment law and HR advice packages available on-demand by telephone, email or on-site
- Strong regional footprint with offices and consultants around the country allowing easy access to any workplace