Read our detailed guidance on the essential HR-related aspects of the new laws and what you need to do to comply in practice.
Includes HR and employment law guidance to reflect the application of the GDPR (eg on sickness and incapacity, disciplinary issues, family rights and employment contracts).
Attend the seminar
Our HR and employment law team will soon be delivering the third seminar in our GDPR series: Practical GDPR for HR professionals: what will change in your day job?
This practical seminar focuses on practical management of key issues in the employment lifecycle that are impacted by the GDPR, from recruitment to termination.
Essential GDPR documents for HR
'Must have' template documents required for GDPR compliance:
• GDPR template: Data protection policy
• GDPR template: Employee data protection impact assessment
• GDPR template: Employee privacy notice
• GDPR template: Job applicant privacy notice
• GDPR template: Employee data retention process
• GDPR template: Employee record of processing
• EEF essential GDPR templates for HR: Points to note
These documents include drafting guidance and guidance on customising the material for your business. These documents are available to EEF members for £595 (+VAT). If you would like to purchase, or for more information, please contact Sharon Broughton firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Advice Line
Our Data Protection Advice Line provides telephone support to SMEs to help in maintaining compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Recognising that SMEs do not always have the resources, skills or knowledge internally to do what the new legislation requires. Our Data Protection Advice Line delivered by our specialist GDPR partner gives you instant access to expert support, allowing you to achieve and maintain compliance. Support is available from 0830 to 1730, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and can include:
- Interpreting data protection legislation;
- Sharing personal data with third parties;
- Responding to Subject Access Requests;
- GDPR policies and procedures;
- Embedding data protection by design and default;
- Conducting Data Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Responding to data breaches.
For more information, please contact EEF’s Head of HR consultancy, Sharon Broughton on email@example.com
GDPR now in force! read more 29 May, 2018
Connect with our team of HR experts
Led by Sharon Broughton, our team of HR consultants help UK businesses identify and manage their GDPR risks.
Head of HR Consultancy, EEF