What we can do
We’ll work with your HR teams and line managers to create robust processes which maximise the chances of you recruiting and retaining people who are a good fit for your organisation.
Whatever your business industry or size, we’ll provide a pragmatic solution grounded in real-world knowledge and based on decades of experience providing advice and support. From executive searches to interim placement to contract positions, we will find, recruit and embed the talent you need.
Available on-demand by telephone or email, or on-site at your premises — our range of HR advice and consultancy packages are tailored to suit your business situation and budget, giving you the flexibility to plan and manage your resource base. This service is provided by our team of HR consultants who operate from offices around the country, and is available either as a fixed price project or at a flexible day rate.
Recruitment – We will draft the job description and person specifications, prepare the advertisement and create bespoke application forms.
Interviews – We draw up legally defensible and appropriate selection criteria, conduct psychometric and personality tests, shortlist appropriate candidates, interview selected candidates and make hiring recommendations.
Induction – Our team of HR and recruitment experts will continue to support your organisation through the design and delivery of induction training and all necessary documentation and contract requirements.
How one manufacturer managed change and sensitive personnel issues with interim HR support. Download our interim HR case study.
While a skill fit is important, if that person doesn’t fit into your organisation they’ll cost you time and money, as well as potentially unsettling the business. It’s no coincidence that in most businesses unplanned staff turnover is greatest amongst employees with less than one year’s service.
We’ll help you to identify the best candidates in the shortest time available — new staff will then be contributing to your business sooner. This will
- enable you to make resource savings by removing time-consuming and non-valuable elements of the recruitment process
- give you greater control and ownership over sourcing, attracting and hiring new employees
- improve manager confidence that the process has found the best candidate available in the shortest time through a consultative and expert-driven process
- ensure you employ the right people with the right skills, attitude and experience
- reduce staff turnover, with long term benefits
- mean you can focus on running and growing your business
Tools, resources, blogs
Events, training, webinars
EEF’s HR experts provide expert advice and on-site support from our offices across the UK. With a strong background in recruitment, employment law and the UK manufacturing industry, there is no one better placed to help mediate your resourcing and recruitment issues.
Here are a few advantages of working with us:
- Unrivalled expertise and experience of operating in sectors influenced by the trade union and employee relations dynamic
- Strong case studies of solving recruitment and induction challenges in workplaces just like yours
- Premier employment law consultant in UK manufacturing and engineering industry
- Employment law and HR advice packages available on-demand by telephone, email or on-site
- Strong regional footprint with offices and consultants around the country allowing easy access to any workplace