The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is being developed as part of the UK’s implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive. Large enterprises will be required to undertake ESOS assessments to identify cost-effective ways to invest in energy efficiency, helping reduce energy bills and increase competitiveness.
As with a lot of energy legislation, the criteria for being ‘in or out’ is complex and can depend on employee numbers, turnover or your balance sheet. It is possible that although your site may not be directly eligible, the rules mean that you are brought into the scope of the scheme by another site in your group.
This event is designed to help you understand the new legislation and your requirements under the scheme. It will take you through the newly released guidance document and qualification criteria so you can determine if you are in or out and plan your route to compliance in order to meet the compliance deadline for phase 1 in 2015.
This half-day event will help you:
- Understand the new legislation, Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- Identify if you are affected by the legislation
- Ensure you meet the compliance deadline in 2015
- Identify which sites are in scope and which are not
- Identify what you need to do to comply
- Identify the data you need to gather and data sources
- Understand the energy auditing processes and the opportunity to speak to an energy auditor about the potential costs of the audits