Given that almost half of all employees take time off through illness, it’s clear that sickness and absence are a major barrier to growth for manufacturers.
This unique seminar will provide delegates with the straight-forward, practical tools to manage sickness & absence, while improving attendance, performance, and well-being – and even reducing costs.
- Take control of sickness absence in your organisation
- Improve attendance and productivity
- Get clear answers to real life problems
- A full set of practical tools and checklists to help you deal effectively with different types of sickness absence
- Understand when it is safe to dismiss an employee for health related reasons
- Get the medical perspective from key note speaker Professor Sayeed Khan EEF’s Chief Medical Adviser
Professor Sayeed Khan
MBBS, BMedSci, DGM, FRCGP, FFOM, FRCP, FRSA, DM
Chief Medical Adviser, EEF - the manufacturers' organisation
Special Professor in Occupational Health, University of Nottingham
Delegates will benefit from EEF’s Legal, HR and occupational health expertise and practical hands on experience when assessing:
Can’t work or won’t work?
Sinking not swimming
- What measures reduce levels of short-term absence?
- How to tackle employees who always seem to be calling in sick.
When enough is enough
- The hidden cost of presenteeism.
- How to deal with employees who continue to work through illness.
Tackling the trickiest issues
- A focus on identifying when you can safely dismiss an employee for ill-health reasons.
- Our award winning approach to long-term absence in our ‘Fit for work’ toolkit.
- Understand how much you are expected to help employees back into work.
Keynote speaker: Professor Sayeed Khan:
- Dealing with employees who go off sick with stress.
- Managing employees who call in sick during a disciplinary or performance management process.
- Putting your learning into a medical context.
- Discussing trends in the pattern and causes of absence.
- How to get the best of GP and occupational health input.
- Ask the Doctor Q & A session.