Negotiating and drafting effective and robust commercial contracts where all parties understand their rights and obligations is vital to minimising your exposure to potentially costly litigation it if all goes wrong.
In order to respond to member demand for practical guidance in this important area, we are organising four half-day seminars. We have invited Squire Sanders, a leading international law firm with particular experience in commercial litigation, to help members recognise the potential pitfalls in commercial contracts.
Full details are to be confirmed but the programme will cover the following key issues:
- Litigation: battlefields, pitfalls and heartache
- Contract formation
- Contract protection and terms that matter
- Important terms
- Exclusions and limitations
- Boilerplate clauses
- Negotiating and preparing contracts
- Managing contracts to get the most out of them
- What to do if it all goes wrong