Who Should Attend?
Directors and managers with responsibility for managing health & safety, including:
- Managing Directors, General Managers, Works Managers
- Health and safety managers, directors and advisors
- Production / operational directors
Places are strictly limited. Early booking is advised.
- understand legal requirements and apply good practice to reduce risk
- understand where and how fatal accidents arise in maintenance work
- share knowledge and learn from experts in the field
- improve your management of health and safety.
More than a quarter of fatalities in manufacturing involve maintenance work and it is also responsible for many other serious injuries and ill health. As well as being the subject of the EU Safe Maintenance campaign, HSE are focusing on maintenance as part of their inspection programme.
They will be expecting companies to demonstrate compliance with health and safety law, to have effective risk assessments for maintenance activities and to have ensured that people are competent to carry out the work they are expected to do.
Health and safety experts from EEF, HSE and trade unions will help managers get to grips with key topics, including management of asbestos, isolating machinery and selecting contractors.
- local EEF Advisers
- local HSE Inspectors
- Trade Union Officials
09:30 Registration and refreshments
10:00 Introduction to event – EEF speaker
10:05 Background to the campaign – HSE speaker
10:15 HSE’s operational priorities for the campaign – HSE speaker
10:25 Group discussion and Q&A
10:40 Involving and consulting workers in maintenance planning and procedures – TUC speaker
10:55 Group discussion and Q&A
11:20 Effective maintenance management – EEF speaker
11:35 How delegates can take the campaign forward – EEF speaker
11:45 Group discussion and Q&A
12:00 Networking lunch