Below are the Business Award categories:
Business Growth Award
This award has been developed to recognise the most dynamic business growth based on actively managed and consistently delivered growth strategy.
Investment made in technology/factory/staff to support growth objectives
Developed new products/service
Entered new markets locally or globally
Developing People Award
In partnership with Jonathan Lee Recruitment
This award has been developed to recognise those that have done the most to build skills, harness talent and develop employees. You should enter this category if you have improved or increased skills, training and development opportunities through accredited qualifications programmes or local workplace initiatives.
- Implemented new training programme to meet skills gap within existing resource
- Improved an existing skills programme
- Invested in apprenticeship training
Environmental Achievement Award
This award has been developed to recognise those that have done the most to improve overall environmental performance and enhance sustainability. This could have been achieved through efficiency savings in the use of raw materials, energy, water; the adoption of clean technologies; improved waste management and recycling; and/or more generally changing operational processes to increase environmental efficiency.
- Addressed the environmental impact of waste and resources
- Promoted environmental awareness internally and externally
This award has been developed to recognise the development and implementation of a new international trade strategy that has led to successfully trading goods and/or services in the last three years. This could include export, creating new distribution channels or through international collaboration.
- Developed a new product and or service for an existing market
- Increased distribution base
- Opened office/s offshore
- Exported to new international market(s)
Health and Safety Award
This award has been developed to recognise progress in improving the occupational health and safety culture of the workplace by introducing new or developing existing initiatives. In view of the HSE’s Helping Great Britain Work Well strategy this could include initiatives that tackle work-related ill-health, especially Occupational stress, work-related musculoskeletal disorders and Occupational lung disease, other initiatives include promoting broader ownership of health and safety, Simplifying risk management, anticipating and tackling new health and safety challenges, promoting the benefits of an effective health and safety strategy.
- Implementing programmes looking at occupational stress, work-related musculoskeletal disorders or occupational lung disease
- Implemented programmes to improve employee safety including the reduction of accident rates
- Implemented a programme to reduce sickness absence
- Improved understanding of compliance through an educational programme
In partnership with HVM Catapult
This award celebrates innovations executed through new products, processes, markets and business models. Such innovations will be governed by strategic intent and have driven greater productivity, efficiency and or business growth, within the last three years. This could include successful practices associated with the design and delivery of a new product to market, or processes relating to production, business management or restructuring which have significantly increased benefits.
- Investment made in new technology and/or factory
- Improved efficiencies through new ways of working
- A new business model to take the business in a new direction
- New product to market
Awarded to the company that has done the most to promote engineering and manufacturing careers through activities within the community and in partnership with education providers. This could be through formal and or informal collaborative agreements.
- Developed a programme to visit local primary and secondary schools to talk about business and career opportunities within the sector
- Linkages made with schools (that offer engineering qualifications) to offer work placements
- Collaborative Community activity to drive/ promote manufacturing
- Created engineering related challenges for students to enter
- Providing rehabilitation/ back to work programmes for careers in manufacturing
In partnership with Liberty House Group
This award recognises an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership or made a significant contribution to a company project or initiative, showing true commitment and dedication.
- An individual who played a vital role in the conception/ design or execution of a project
- An individual who went above and beyond their expected role taking a leadership role and being an integral part of the success of the project