Business Growth and Strategy
Developing Future Talent
Health and Safety
Business Growth and Strategy - in partnership with RSM
This award has been developed to recognise the most dynamic business growth based on an actively managed and consistently delivered growth strategy, this could include business expansion, product diversification or the implementation of a new international trade strategy.
- Demonstrate market share growth in a new industry segment or overseas market
- Investment made in technology/factory/staff to support industry beating growth objectives
- Developed new products/service which led to significant business secured from new customers
- Overcame challenges to enter new markets locally or globally
- Increased distribution base
Developing Future Talent
This award has been developed to recognise those that have done the most to build skills, talent and develop their employees internally and/ or promote engineering and manufacturing careers through activities within the community.
- Improved or increased skills, training and development opportunities through accredited qualifications programmes or local workplace initiatives.
- Implemented new training programme to meet skills gap within existing resource
- Developed a programme to visit local primary and secondary schools to talk about business and career opportunities within the sector
- Collaborative Community activity to drive/ promote manufacturing
Health and Safety - in partnership with AIG
This award has been developed to recognise progress in improving the occupational health and safety culture of the workplace by introducing new or developing existing initiatives. In view of the HSE’s Helping Great Britain Work Well strategy this could include initiatives that tackle work-related ill-health, especially Occupational stress, work-related musculoskeletal disorders and Occupational lung disease, other initiatives include promoting broader ownership of health and safety, Simplifying risk management, anticipating and tackling new health and safety challenges, promoting the benefits of an effective health and safety strategy.
- Implementing programmes looking at occupational stress, work-related musculoskeletal disorders or occupational lung disease.
- Implemented programmes to improve employee safety including the reduction of accident rates
- Implemented a programme to reduce sickness absence
- Improved understanding of compliance through an educational programme
Innovation - in partnership with Catapult
This award celebrates innovations executed through new products, processes, markets and business models. Such innovations will be governed by strategic intent and have driven greater productivity, efficiency and or business growth, within the last three years.
- New product or process innovation supported by investment in digital manufacturing technologies
- Investment made in a technology that is new to your sector
- Driving a collaboration partnership – in the supply chain or university – to bring a new manufactured solution to the market
- Improved efficiencies through new ways of working
- A new business model to take the business in a new direction
- New product to market
This award has been developed to recognise an individual who has made a significant contribution to their company through their involvement in a company project, initiative or becoming integral to the day to day operations. Showing true commitment and dedication to their employer and the manufacturing industry.
- Long standing service, contributing year of dedication and commitment to their employer
- An individual who played a vital role in the conception/ design or execution of a project.
- An individual who went above and beyond expectations
- An employee who has been a pillar of support to their team
Sustainability - in partnership with Liberty
This award has been developed to recognise those that have done the most to improve overall environmental performance and enhance sustainability. This could have been achieved through efficiency savings in the use of raw materials, energy, water; the adoption of clean technologies; improved waste management and recycling; and/or more generally changing operational processes to increase environmental efficiency.
- Addressed the environmental impact of waste and resources
- Promoted environmental awareness internally and externally
- Efficiency savings in use of raw materials
- Introducing a new waste management or recycling plan