Terry is responsible for our policy work on occupational safety and health, sickness absence, well-being and the compensation culture. He represents manufacturers’ views and concerns to UK and European governments.
Terry chairs the health and safety committee of CEEMET (the Council of
European Employers of the Metal, Engineering and Technology-based industries).
In addition to this, he sits on a number of representative groups, including
the European Commission’s advisory committee on safety and health working
parties for work-related musculoskeletal disorders and electro-magnetic fields.
He is also:
- A Council member of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors:
- A member of the UK Confederation of British Industry’s health and safety panel representing UK Steel
- A member of a number of Health and Safety Executive stakeholder groups
Before joining EEF, Terry was:
- The executive director responsible for health and safety risk management with Goldman Sachs
- Environment, health and safety manager with GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- An inspector for the Health and Safety Executive.