EEF Climate, Energy and Environment Policy Committee
We identify the climate, energy and environmental matters which are important to you. Using this information, we develop our policies and positions, and communicate these to national and EU politicians.
We meet four times a year, as well as having an annual ‘away day’ where members are able to discuss future issues in more detail and network in an informal environment.
EEF Employment and Skills Committees
We talk to our members to find out what should be done to enable them to employ and retain the people they need.
Our National Employment and Skills Policy Committee represents our members on all issues relating to employment and skills. Meetings provide the opportunity for members to discuss important topics. Recent examples of subjects we’ve discussed include:
- shared parental leave and the right to request flexible working hours
- the working time directive — in particular holiday pay
- apprenticeship funding reform
- zero hours contracts.
We also have a Regional Skills Group in the north-east and host a number of focus groups on topical employment and skills issues.
EEF Economic Policy Committee
We provide strategic direction for EEF’s campaigns on a number of issues. These range from innovation policy and spending review decisions, to infrastructure and the case for the UK remaining in the European Union.
Our members help us to understand the latest trends across the industry and have played an important role in driving our Industrial Strategy agenda.
Meetings take place four times a year and members also regularly engage with senior policy makers in a number of different forums.
EEF Occupational Health and Safety Policy Committee
We meet three times a year and work to promote the interests of EEF members in all areas of health and safety. The information we gather is used to develop our health and safety policy for the UK and the European Union.
Our work includes:
- reviewing current and emerging health and safety issues
- reviewing health and safety services provided by EEF to member companies
- helping companies to introduce health and safety policies and practices which can contribute to business competitiveness
- promoting EEF’s partnership agreement with the Health and Safety Executive
- representing EEF policies to the UK government and the European Commission.