Making a difference to your business
We’re the only membership organisation dedicated to speaking on behalf of the whole manufacturing industry.
Our insight into your experiences means we’re able to provide government with the evidence required to make beneficial changes to your business environment. Through our work, we’ve improved legislation and reduced the cost burden on businesses.
We make sure you understand the impact different issues will have on your business. Whether it’s economic concerns, employment law, skills policy, climate and environmental regulation, or health and safety, we ensure your voice is heard.
Take a look at our campaigning achievements>.
Your industry is a priority
We promote the vibrancy of UK manufacturing, ensuring the sector receives prominent media coverage — we relish the opportunity to tell your stories to the world.
Our team regularly appears in newspapers, on television and on the radio. In 2013, we featured in over 9,000 press articles and took part in 150 broadcast interviews. We know what’s important to your industry and what should be done about it.
Get in touch with our press team>.
Your industry, your agenda
Our member companies drive and shape our approach, from regional to European level. Through regional advisory boards and policy committees EEF members provide us with the evidence we need to make our arguments to the government credible. There are several ways you can get involved, including:
- alerting your regional membership team about the issues you face
- writing to your MP to ask them to support manufacturing in general and to support you on key issues affecting your business
- hosting a factory visit to show ministers and civil servants what manufacturing's all about
- speaking to the media about the impact of government decisions and proposals
- attending a meeting with a minister to discuss how they can help your industry grow.
To find out how you can become a more active member of EEF, contact your regional membership team>.