The KPMG/REC report on jobs was out today. The survey showed that the labour market has improved moderately, with small growth in employment, vacancies and pay. However, the pace of growth in all of these areas has slowed. The key points:
- The survey showed growth of permanent and temporary appointments, but at the slowest pace seen for twenty two and eight months respectively.
- Vacancies also continued to grow, but at a slower pace.
- Pay growth for permanent and temporary workers was marginal.
- Availability of new workers improved moderately in June.
- REC do not expect a “double dip” in employment, but nor do they expect a dramatic upswing.