National Statistics revealed some significant revisions to past data on the economy and manufacturing.
- Manufacturing output fell 0.2% in 2013q1 compared with previous estimates on 0.3%.
- The peak to trough fall in manufacturing through 2008-9 was slightly larger at 12.2%
- The rebound in 2010 was stronger. with output growing 4.2% compared with previous data showing a 3.8% expansion
- But the period since the end of 2010 has been slightly weaker
- This leaves output almost 11% below its pre-recession peak