Industry 4.0 is enabling manufacturers to make huge leaps in productivity, efficiency and competitiveness. It’s driving a need for new skills and specialisms within the UK manufacturing workforce - people who are at the cutting edge of technological development. The face of our factories will change as collaboration with robots and other technologies continues to increase.
So what will our factories look like? Siemens is one company at the forefront of 4IR and is realising tangible gains in efficiency through its use of Virtual Reality and collaborative robots.
The company will open its doors to manufacturers to reveal its vision and discuss the people it needs to harness the technological revolution that manufacturing is undergoing.
- Hear from Siemens about the company’s investment in 4IR technologies including collaborative robots and virtual reality, as well as how the investments have prompted productivity gains for the company.
- See how the base has evolved with Siemens’ impressive factory tour, including Robot Lab and Virtual Reality cave.
- Discover how the manufacturing industry as a whole is embracing 4IR and hear predictions about what the manufacturing workforce of the future will look like.
- Discuss 4IR with other manufacturers, including their impressions of the future workforce of their factories and the steps they are taking to futureproof themselves.
What you will take away from this event:
- Views from a range of businesses about what factories will look like in the future and the people that will operate this technology
- Opinions from other businesses and insight into how companies are getting to grips with 4IR
- Insider knowledge into Siemens Digital Factory in Congleton and how investments have benefitted the company