Our Manufacturing Connect events are hosted at manufacturers' facilities and include a factory tour, enabling best practice and information sharing with your peers.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution, or Industry 4.0, will demand new technological skills and specialisms within your own workforce. Embracing the Fourth Industrial Revolution has the opportunity to improve your business productivity, efficiency and competitiveness.
Held at Holovis, this FREE FOR MEMBERS event provides you with an insight into Virtual Manufacturing, with augmented and virtual reality technologies embraced in manufacturing processes. A tour of Holovis will include new technologies of Augmented Reality CAD Overlay, Virtual Procedure Tracking and Virtual Reality Digital Twin Working Environments.
- Get the latest insights on current and future technologies to digitalise your manufacturing and boost productivity.
- Discover a business leader’s perspective on the UK factories of the future and the opportunities it poses to manufacturers.
Share ideas and opinions from other businesses into how companies are progressing and planning for the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Get the information you need when considering investing into new technologies.
- Learn from recruitment expert Johnathan Lee the new roles and skillsets needed for Industry 4.0.
- Learn how R&D tax credits can help you fund your 4IR transformation.
- Find out about the resources, services and support EEF can give its members around 4IR, including the new online Problem Solving Network.
- Leverage on the power of EEF’s network to solve problems and seize opportunities.
Who should attend?
You will get the most value out of this session if you are…
- Investing or considering investment in your manufacturing company for future technological developments.
- Recruiting and looking to understand the skills needed in the 4IR era.
- Looking to make productivity gains in your company or future-proof your business.
||Registration, refreshments and networking
|Welcome and Introduction - Charlotte Horobin, EEF Region Director
||Introduction to Holovis
||Site Tour of Holovis
|Presentations and discussions on Industry 4.0 issues
EEF will not normally refuse entry to events, however, it is our policy to not admit competitors of EEF or our host facility into Manufacturing Connect events.