Our Manufacturing Connect events are hosted at manufacturers' facilities and include a factory tour, enabling best practice and information sharing with your peers.
We exist in a world where the availability of relevant information is available in real time, connecting all elements in the value chain. Disruptive technologies such as 3D printing through to automation and robotics are impacting all aspects of manufacturing processes.
According to most manufacturers, 4IR will be a business reality by 2025, but British companies still lag behind other European countries in embracing the concept and applying it. This event, free for EEF members, aims at giving manufacturers the tools to leverage those disruptive technologies to implement a long-term, effective 4IR programme.
- Discover an inspiring selection of case studies on how Rockwell already helped companies like yours by automating their processes.
- See 4IR come to life as you explore Rockwell's Demo Centre through an exclusive factory tour.
- Take away best practice on all aspects of industrial automation: systems, processes, cost vs benefits and project plans.
- Learn from GAMBICA on how the company supports British manufacturers with every aspect of industrial automation.
- Understand different technologies at your disposal to digitalise your systems, tackle problems and improve your products and processes.
- Learn how R&D tax credits can help you fund your 4IR transformation.
- Find out about the resources, services and support that EEF can give its members around 4IR, including the new online Problem Solving Network.
- Leverage the power of EEF's network to solve problems and seize opportunities.
Who should attend?
You will get the most value out of this session if you are...
- A CEO/Managing Director
- An Operations/Manufacturing Director
- An IT Director/Manager
- A CTO/Design Engineer
Paul Byard, EEF
Jim Davison, EEF
Mark Bottomley, Rockwell Automation
Steve Brambley, GAMBICA
||Registration, tea, coffee and networking
|Welcome and Introduction - Jim Davison, EEF
||Opportunities and Challengers that the next generation of manufacturing will bring to the UK - Mark Bottomley, Rockwell Automation
||Industrial Digitalisation: The Benefits, Opportunities and Trends - Steve Brambley, GAMBICA
||Demo Room Tour (1st Group) - Paul Byard, EEF - Future Proof Performance
||Demo Room Tour (2nd Group) - Paul Byard, EEF - Future Proof Performance
||Jason Cole, Jonathan Lee Recruitment
||Problem Solving Network - Manufacturing Community - Jim Davison, EEF
||Lunch & Networking
EEF will not normally refuse entry to events, however, it is our policy to not admit competitors of EEF or our host facility into Manufacturing Connect events.