Lean methodology and the range of Lean techniques and tools available are at the very heart of helping businesses improve productivity, remain competitive and meet customer needs.
Manufacturers are faced with an ever-changing environment and, whilst many have difficulties in sustaining the initial benefits of Lean, it has been proven that continuing to develop longer term Lean programmes will bring greater production efficiencies and cost savings - leading to more opportunity to innovate and grow as industry moves to a more digitalised future.
At this event, we'll discuss the following:
- Lean enterprise - the future of innovation, smarter products and smarter production
- Fostering the right culture for innovation - a fresh approach and focus to embrace change to innovate and grow
- Discover the best approach - where to focus your efforts for continuous improvement
- Looking beyond Lean tools - what strategies and solutions can and should manufacturers embed now
What you will take away from this event:
- Latest insight to enable you to embed initiatives that encourage a culture of innovation
- A business leader's perspective into the challenges and issues surrounding innovation and NPI, and how to overcome them
- Opportunities to network, share best practice and solve problems together
- You are responsible for creating and deploying a strategy which focuses on profitable business growth
- You are struggling to sustain the initial gains or you need to reinvigorate and kick start your continuous improvement programme
- You want to ensure you embed the right improvement tools and strategies, to innovate and maximise on investment
Tom Eyre, Managing Director, Heraeus Quartz
Lisa Machin, Senior Productivity & Performance Consultant
||Registration, tea & coffee, networking
||Welcome and Introduction - Richard Halstead, Membership Engagement Director North, EEF
||Culture change and Lean journey - How we managed to change the organisation around by creating an environment of continuous improvement & openness - Tom Eyre, Managing Director, Heraeus Quartz
||Time to innovate - tips and tactics - Lisa Machin, Senior Productivity & Performance Consultant, EEF
||Panel discussion and audience debate on key issues - Richard Halstead, Membership Engagement Director North, EEF
||Lunch & networking
EEF will not normally refuse entry to events, however it is our policy not to admit competitors of EEF or our host facility into Manufacturing Connect Events.